- This event has passed.
EU in International Affairs conference
May 16, 2018 @ 4:30 pm - May 18, 2018 @ 6:00 pm UTC+2
16 May, 18.15, Pre-dinner exchange: ‘The EU, Korea and Global Governance’
- Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Belgium and the EU, HE Kim Hyoung-zhin
- Mr. Karel De Gucht, President of the IES and former EU Trade Commissioner
- Dr. Ramon Pacheco Pardo, KF-VUB Korea Chair
The exchange will be followed by a conference dinner, sponsored by the Korean Mission to the EU, and held at Brussels Parliament (Rue du Lombard 69; 1000 Brussels).
18 May, 11.00 – 12.30, Panel on ‘Nuclear North Korea as Challenge to the US’s European and Asian Alliances’ (KVAB, Ockeghem room (ground floor, Atrium building))
Presentations of the Symposium
- Daewon Ohn, Hankuk University, The Future of US-led Alliances in the Asia-Pacific: A Comparative Perspective
- Tongfi Kim, Vesalius College, Perceived Links Between U.S. Alliances in Asia and Europe
- Mason Richey, Hankuk University, Multilateral Deterrence and Containment Against North Korea: What the US’s European and Asian Allies Can Contribute
- Jaejeok Park, Hankuk University, Minilateral Approaches to Security Issues in East Asia: An Asian Collective Security ‘Light’?
- Bill Tow, Australian National University, Whither the ROK-US and Japan-US Alliances in a Conflictual East Asia?